The longest-standing HIMSS Europe Community, established in 2006, the HIMSS Nordic Community has a unique programme specifically tailored for healthcare IT professionals from both the public and private sectors in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. In order to address current needs and issues in the Nordic nations, a number of events and workshops are regularly organised. The community not only convenes at conferences, workshops and networking events, but also prepares presentations, panel discussions and organises hospital tours. Members take advantage of special offers and packages with invites to HIMSS events connecting the community globally with peers not only in Europe but also the United States, Middle East and Asia.
HIMSS Europe 19 & Health 2.0, 11-13 June 2019, Helsinki, Finland
HIMSS19, 11-15 February 2019, Orlando, USA
HIMSS Nordic Community meet-up, 14 November 2018, at EHiN 2018, Oslo, Norway
HIMSS Nordic Community meet-up, 11 October 2018, at the Week of Health and Innovation (WHINN), Odense, Denmark
HIMSS Europe 18 & Health 2.0 Conference, 27-29 May, Sitges, Spain
HIMSS18, 5-9 March, Las Vegas
NORDIC Interoperability Project
This June marks one year after the conception of the HIMSS Nordic Interoperability Project – one of the most consolidated efforts to demonstrate the value for the patient from a seamless cross-border exchange of health data. Learn first-hand on the project scope, challenges, and ways forward as the Nordics are paving the way to building the most integrated health market in the world.
See firsthand how interoperability across NORDIC countries works in practice and meet the Community in Helsinki.
Nordic Delegation to HIMSS19
11-15 February 2019, Orlando, USA.
From breaking the silos to scaling the markets to achieving global competitiveness, the Nordic Delegation programme put the spotlight on a wide range of initiatives and suite of tools to help shape the Nordic region in one of world’s most integrated and innovative health markets. We discussed the traditional barriers to interoperability, but also the opportunities ahead, all for the benefit of the entire ecosystem with the Nordic citizen at the core.
HIMSS19 NORDIC HIGHLIGHTS
- Nordic Collaboration needs Political Champions who are closer to the need of solving a health challenge.
- The European Reference Networks (ERNs) for Rare Diseases is a good example of how countries can collaborate when they are forced to. The Nordic region can set up a new Paradigm for collaboration based on public trust and forward-thinking vision.
- The HIMSS Nordic Community Interoperability Project is among the first initiatives to demonstrate the value for the patient from a seamless cross-border interoperability and presents a major step forward to making this a reality. The European Commission Recommendation on European Electronic Health Record exchange format, the IHAN®, and the Unique Patient Identifier common for the Nordic countries provide the foundation for a real take-off in the flow of health data across Nordic borders.
If you didn't get a chance to complete the cybersecurity survey in Orlando, please feel free to do so now by scanning this QR code. More info and direct link under HIMSS19 Cybersecurity Survey.
Interviews & News
HIMSS Blog: Enterprise imaging needs more cybersecurity. Your vendor’s knowledge is key to mitigating the risk of breaches
Posted on: 14.03.2019, By Simon Häger, Market Strategist at Sectra
Nordic Delegation to HIMSS Europe 19 & Health 2.0
11-13 June 2019, Helsinki, Finland.
Following a successful collocated event in Sitges in May 2018, HIMSS and Health 2.0 continue to strengthen their ties and look forward to host the HIMSS Nordic Delegation in Helsinki. The conference will bring the best of both worlds: HIMSS’ knowledge, expertise and thought leadership in healthcare digitisation and Health 2.0’s network of entrepreneurs and investors, showcasing the latest cutting edge and innovative health tech solutions. The three-day event is supported and organised in conjunction with a number of Finnish organisations, including: The Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, SITRA (The Finnish Innovation Fund), Business Finland, The City of Helsinki, The University of Helsinki, The Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS), Oulu Health, Turku Science Park and Messukeskus Helsinki, Expo and Convention Centre. Further information on the dedicated programme for the Nordic Delegation will be announced here soon! In the meantime, find all general information about the conference here.
HIMSS Europe 18 & Health 2.0 Conference
27-29 May 2018, Sitges, Spain.
The HIMSS Nordic Community Workshop came together on 27 May in Sitges with over 90 health and care professionals representing the entire Nordic region to discuss burning issues in digital health and participating in valuable discussions about the path ahead.
Please click here to access all speaker presentations, conference images, articles, interviews and recordings as well as the full post-conference report. View the outcomes of the HIMSS Nordic Community Workshop in the report “Sharing and Using Health Data” below
Presentations Nordic Workshop
- Hannu Hämäläinen - Enabling the Secondary Use of Social and Health Care Data Data – Implementing GDPR
- Anne Torill Nordsletta - Health Analytics Current data situation and use in Norway
- Maj -Britt Juhl Poulsen - Predict, Prevent, and Personalize Health Care - the Danish Initiative
- Hans Winberg - Medical Revolution Digitalisation Organising
- Hal Wolf - Identifying the issues, opportunities and solutions